The BioForum – BioPharma Abroad: Making a Mark in Europe is a stand-alone event as well as Part A of the Masterclass Program. Masterclass participants are not required to register separately to attend.
A fit-for-purpose, scalable operational structure is the cornerstone of any biopharma company as it progresses from R&D to commercial enterprise.The European market is second only to the US in terms of providing access to patients and generating value for biopharma ventures. The ecosystem is complex, but with the right strategy and clear understanding of key operational considerations, an EU plan is achievable alone or in partnership with established companies.
About the masterclass workshop
- An early stage biopharma company advancing products for global markets?
- A late pre-clinical or clinical stage venture, or business who has launched into other markets?
- A scientist or executive working in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, regenerative medicine, biologics or cell and gene therapy?
Join our customised Biopharma Masterclass program which will give you the knowledge, skills and tools to enter EU markets effectively and efficiently for long-term success. Participants will learn how to: prioritise operations, plan and budget for expansion, optimise product supply strategy, negotiate with investors and potential partners, or go it alone. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn firsthand from leaders in the field who have successfully helped emerging biopharma companies launch in the EU.
Be informed about:
- The EU – Where to set up? Intellectual property, legal and financial considerations, and entity structures
- Best practice – EU compliance, licensing, qualified persons, responsible persons and quality management systems
- Supply chains – Vendor networks, FMD compliance, sales and operations planning and inventory management
- Financial – Structures, customs and VAT
- Hot topics – Early Access Programs, supply chain integrity and launch pathway implications.
What to expect:
- A deep-dive into EU market fundamentals
- Structured guidance to inform market entry
- Intensive sessions on operational strategy
- Practical information and applied knowledge
- Rich educational discussions
- Networking opportunities with peers and experts.
Who should attend?
- Early stage biopharma companies advancing products for global markets
- Late pre-clinical and clinical stage venture, or businesses who have launched into other markets
- Scientists and executives working in pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, regenerative medicine, biologics, cell and gene therapy
- Professionals working in operations, commercialisation, business development and those seeking to improve knowledge and skills, and foster connections.
Places are strictly limited. Participation in the program is subject to written approval and confirmation by BioMelbourne Network.
Masterclass details and registration:
This masterclass program has three parts:
- Part A | BioForum: Tuesday 14 November | 4:00pm – 6:30pm | Allens, 37/101 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000 (includes 1hr networking)
- Part B | Masterclass Workshop: Wednesday 15 November | 8:30am – 5:00pm | Monash Conference Centre, Level 7, 30 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- Part C | 30-minute Advisory Session: Thursday 16 and Friday 17 November (individual meeting times to be advised).
Registration for the program includes:
- Two additional complimentary registrations for colleagues to attend the BioForum
- Attendance at the full-day Masterclass workshop for one company representative
- One 30-minute advisory session (two company representatives may attend).
Registration (in-person only):
BioMelbourne Network Member: $800
BioMelbourne Network Non Member: $950
*Biopharma Entrepreneur: $685
*Biopharma Entrepreneur applies to startup companies developing biopharma products in the pre-seed stage and seed stage, prior to Series A capital raising and strictly pre-revenue.
Unsure if your organisation is a member? Check our member directory.
- A full refund can be issued up to 14 days prior to 14 November 2023
- No refunds can be issued within 14 days of the program commencing.
This high-value, heavily subsidised program is made possible with support from the State Government of Victoria.